We all spend a great amount of time in our cars, so it’s obvious that the car will get messy. Whether it’s commuting to and from work, trips to the grocery store, vacations; your car can get extremely messy. Here’s how to get your car in order and organized.
Steps to de-clutter your car:
- Empty everything out of your car. Get rid of all the trash.
- Clean car (clean yourself or take to car wash).
- Make piles (ex: kids toys (if you have kids), CD’s, car related information, etc).
- Storage (be creative and create your own or purchase at any local store).
It is best to tackle and organize the car every season and restock all your kits.
Additional items you may want to consider:
- Extra set of clothes for just in case (change out every season).
- Purchase or make an emergency car kit. Check our my store to see the car emergency kit checklist. Additional items you may want to include are tire gauge, flares, help sign, screwdriver, work gloves, old towels/rags, and oil. I always carry an extra bottle of water just in case the car were to ever overheat.
- Survival kit, especially if you are traveling or live in cold weather. This kit should include candles, lighter, non perishable food, water, garbage bags, rock salt (kitty litter also works), blanket(s), socks, hats, gloves, ice scraper, and extra set of clothes.
This is what my SUV looks like right now (planning to clean and organize over the weekend).
A bit messy, but not so bad.
Goal = get car cleaned and organized over the weekend
I’ve got the standard jumping cables, but I might consider purchasing this.
Check back for the update and reveal.
Remember planning makes perfect!