Congrats to reader, M.C.! You were the first person to e-mail me and won my challenge of guessing what symbol inspired my Christmas decor this year.
Well, as M.C. guessed, it is the fleur-de-lis that inspired my Christmas decor.
I decided to do a fleur-de-lis, peacock, Old Hollywood themed Christmas tree and decor (I have a few traditional decorations as well).
Last Friday, I wrote saying how excited I was to put the Christmas tree up over the weekend. Well, on Sunday night around 8pm, we pulled all the Christmas decorations and ornaments out. By 8:30pm, the Christmas tree was put together (we have an artificial 9′ tree), at 8:32pm, we plugged in the lights and NOTHING. All the lights were burned out. WHAT???? No!!!! We looked through everything. No white lights in our Christmas stash. What to do??????? By 8:50pm, I was in the car, on my way to Wal-Mart. Wal-Mart SOLD OUT of white lights. What to do????? Target. SOLD OUT too. WHAT??? It was like I was on that show Punked. I was so annoyed. My options…LED lights (only 60 lights) for $15 per box or green lights (100 lights) for $5 per box. What do you think I did on such short notice? I got 5 boxes of green lights. I decided on the less expensive green lights; it goes with my theme. I rushed home. By now, it was 9:45pm. My hubby put on the lights for me and I started decorating (I’m so glad I started shopping for decorations earlier in the week).
So, here is it. My fleur-de-lis, peacock, Old Hollywood inspired tree and decor.
Where I got it and how much did I pay?
- Christmas Tree – we bought the tree 5 years ago at Home Depot
- Black and Gold Fleur-de-lis ornaments – 3 boxes of 6 at Hobby Lobby for $3.00 per box
- Black sparkled ornaments – 3 boxes of 6 at Hobby Lobby for $2.00 per box
- Gold Sparkle and Solid Red ornaments – bought 3 years ago at Home Depot
- Lime green, purple and blue ornaments – box of 50 ornaments at Target for $15.00
- Lime green circle ornaments – 5 at $2.00 each at Target
- Lime green twigs – 4 at $2.00 each at Hobby Lobby
- Crystals – 9 at $1.23 each at Target
- Peacock Feathers – 12 at $1.50 each at Hobby Lobby
- Green Lights – 5 boxes at $5.00 each at Target
What do you think so far? Are you ready for more Christmas decor?
Well, that does it. Check back this week for DIY decor and a Christmas table scape.
Remember, planning makes perfect!