Do you have clothing that no longer fits or you haven’t worn in years? Do you have shoes that you forgotten about?
This is the week to take your time and really organize your master closet the way you want it!
I know some of you are thinking “this is a pretty big task” or “where do I start?” Don’t worry, I’ve broken down the process, so it isn’t overwhelming.
- First, take a “before” picture.
- DON’T pull everything out of the closet at once. You’ll get over overwhelmed, make a mess and run out of time before you can put everything back.
- DO group like items together and lay on your bed to see exactly what you have.
- DO get rid of clothing that:
- You haven’t worn in over a year
- You don’t like (this could be the color, the way it fits, etc).
- Out of style
- Doesn’t fit
- Are worn out, have holes, stains
- Once you have decluttered, it is now time to completely empty out your closet.
- Now that your closet is completely empty, wipe down shelves and vacuum.
- Add, remove or rearrange closet storage solutions to accommodate your stuff. This is where you can get creative. You need to choose what works best for you and the shape and size of your space. I suggest utilizing every inch, from the top to the bottom of your closet. Keep in mind that frequently used items used should be within reaching distance.
- Items that look good and will help your organize your closet:
- Over the door storage solutions for shoes, purses
- Storage baskets and bins
- Vertical hanging dividers
- Hooks and pegs
- Shelf organizers
- Finally, stack tees, sweaters, and jeans on shelves.
- Don’t forget to take an “after” picture
I’m looking forward to working on my closet this week and showing you the final results at the end of the week. Happy Organizing!